Friday, July 8, 2011

Lots of Reading...Getting Ready for Vegas!

Last week we read, Our Town, Death of a Salesman, and Loman Family Picnic and I realized what I have been missing by not reading more plays.  I can't believe that I have never read Our Town!  It's so great to be able to see what my classmates' perceptions of the plays are and how they compare to mine.  This is such a blast!

This week we read Streetcar Named Desire and a deconstruction of Streetcar called Belle Reprieve.  To say the least it was very interesting!  Our midterm is to write scene 10 1/2...what happens between the time Stanley and Blanche's unfortunate incident and when Blanche is taken away.  Very interesting!

I'll be on my way to Vegas next week for the Differentiated Instruction Conference and to go backstage at Phantom of the Opera!  Hopefully I'll be able to take some backstage photos!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting assignment. Would love to read your scene 10 1/2 if you're willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in graduate school I took this class where we had to read 3 plays a week! It totally blew my mind that there is so much fantastic work out there that I have never read.

    ReplyDelete