Thursday, August 4, 2011

One Class Down...One To Go!

I finished my first UCLA class and just started my "History of the American Musical" class.  It's wonderful!  Professor Gardner is amazing!  He taught the first class, too and he has done so many productions and has worked with some phenomenal people.  If you ever get the opportunity to take one of his classes you definitely need to jump at it.

I have been taking boatloads of notes and the information is exactly what I wanted to have in my bag of tricks to take back to my students.  The classes in combination with the differentiated instruction conference have not only given me great information to use in the classroom, but have provided me with ways to present this information in the most meaningful way to my students.  School starts on the 22nd and I can't wait to get started.  I think I've already planned too much to do in one year!

"The Chandelier"
A little time for fun!
The photos I've attached are from our tour of the "Phantom Theatre" in Vegas...with Ian, who played "Phantom" and then a special photo for Traci and Leslie!






Have a great beginning of the school year...I'll let you know how my class goes!

P.S. George and I decided not to go through with the wedding!
 

Me...on the "Phantom" stage!



4 comments:

  1. Ms. Green M&M! She looks fabulous and so do you! Sounds like you signed up for all the right experiences to arm youself with ideas and activities to bring back to the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Next year, we will have to see if we can add Hershey to our list of sponsors :)
    Helen, it sounds like you are having some amazing experiences, soaking it up like a sponge! Keep it up!" --Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the photos! I'm really glad you didn't go through with the wedding...

    It would have made this a completely different fellowship! :-)

    ReplyDelete