Monday, May 9, 2011

Countdown to June 2nd!

It's been a busy few weeks!  After attending our celebration dinner and the mix and mingle the next night, I had to start getting ready for testing...ugh!  We tested for two weeks, had our "Field Day" at school, and then Guys and Dolls opened at Chaffey with my daughter, Mariann, playing Sarah Brown!  It's really a great show if you're in the area and can go see it.  They have shows Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 12-14, at 7pm and Sunday, May 15 at 2pm.  I had the opportunity to spend some time backstage during rehearsals and just couldn't stop staring.  It's such an amazing theatre.

My kids' May Show is this weekend and they will be presenting two student-directed one-act plays.  They are really pretty funny and the kids are so excited.

I just ordered all of my books for my UCLA classes and I can't wait to get started!  My sweatshirt...and a few other Bruin items arrived and I feel like a college kid again!

I just received an email providing me with access to all of the handouts at the Differentiated Instruction Conference.  You get to print all of the handouts out for the sessions you're attending before the conference even starts...pretty cool.  As Leslie commented, for me, what happens in Vegas won't stay in Vegas!  I'm just waiting to get my tickets to Phantom...I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I saw a rehearsal of the May Show one-acts and was blown away by the student directors. It's going to be a great show! -Jim

    ReplyDelete